NDLB Transport Grants
Since we started transporting animals from danger to safety their needs and the shelters needs have changed. The distances involved and the complexity of the transports have grown. One organization can only do so much when the needs spread beyond drivable and flyable distances. To help bridge the distances, NDLB is ready to empower shelters and small transport teams with the resources they need to safely and economically transport animals to meet the needs of the geographic footprint they serve. By doing so we can expand our footprint by creating new teams in geographically ideal locations throughout the country.
The NDLB transport grant is intended to help with the initial costs of deploying a rescue vehicle. This seed money can be used for the down payment on a rescue vehicle, equipping the vehicle for transport, and getting the program off the ground. A lot of times this initial commitment can be used as a fundraising catalyst to help cover the rest of the costs of creating a transport team.
Primary Transport Grant Requirements For Existing Shelters & Groups
- Must be a 501(c)(3) entity in good standing with an up to date letter of determination.
- Must be in an area of focus, primarily over 500 miles south of Pittsburgh, PA.
- Demonstrate the financial health to support the ongoing maintenance and insurance of the transport vehicle
- Adhere to and adopt the NDLB Safe Transport guidelines and procedures.
- Explain in detail how your organization is going to help transport at-risk animals
- Provide to the committee examples of other shelters or groups for which you have relationships with that can either receive or send animals.
If you have questions about the grants or the process please email email@example.com