NDLB Education Grants
Creating the next generation of pilots who can use their skills to help animals is near and dear to our heart. It’s in our DNA as an organization. Over the next decade the need for pilots is going to be at an all time high. Helping offset the costs of pursuing this as a career while creating compassionate pilots is our goal. Applicants for the NDLB Education Grant must demonstrate the desire to use their pilot skills in the future to help not only animals, but others who need the unique help that someone who can fly possesses.
In conjunction with flight school, aviation colleges, and flying clubs our goal is to provide underserved communities help in offsetting the costs of advancing beyond your private pilot license. As a part of that help we require that the applicant demonstrate to us a willingness to give back my helping their community. This help is encouraged to be through shelter work, helping with animals in some way, or even fostering one of the animals we bring in on a mission.
Aviation Education Grant Requirements
- Must be 17 years of age or older
- Hold a Private Pilot License
- Hold a current FAA Second Class Medical
- Already accepted into an aviation program, enrolled at a flight school, or already under the instruction of a CFI with a commitment to pursuing your Commercial, Instrument, or Multi-Engine Rating
- Secured some of the financing needed to complete the aviation license you are working towards
- Demonstrated a willingness to help animals through volunteer work, adoption of a shelter animal, or the care for a pet
- Completed 10 hours of volunteer work for a local shelter, assist in an animal rescue, or equivalent animal welfare work.
- A commitment to “pay it forward” by donating flight time in the future to help your community. (animal rescue flights, compassion flights, ect)
- PLEASE BE AWARE THAT GRANTS CANNOT BE USED TO TRANSPORT ANIMALS DURING YOUR TRAINING
If you have questions about the grants or the process please email email@example.com