Keep your dog cool and enriched this summer with an easy, healthy treat! This healthy treat for your dog is a great way to keep them cool through the summer heat, or relax them through the summer festivities (like the 4th of July, Labor Day, etc.)
(Amounts may vary – read directions prior to getting your ingredients together)
- Peanut Butter
- Milk Bones
- Cheerios (Plain)
- Sardines packed in water or soybean oil
- Chicken Broth
- Green Beans (canned only, optional)
- Use muffin tins for small dogs or red solo cups for large dogs.
- Line the inside of the tins or cups with peanut butter. It tastes great and makes for easy removal.
- Drop in some cheerios and kibble.
- Add a bit of honey
- Slice sardines and distribute around the tins or place a half of one in each solo cup.
- Dilute the chicken broth slightly (2 parts broth, 1 part water) and pour over contents of cups or tins.
- Dip a milk bone in peanut butter and place in the center.
- Freeze until solid
- Pop the finished pupsicles out of the tins or cups by turning the milk bone and your dog will be happy and cool for a long time!
Recipe by Mary Kennedy Withrow